<VV> Deflashing Question

aircooled6@prodigy.net aircooled6@prodigy.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 21:28:04 -0500

Get a Keyhole (drywall) saw from home depot or other such. Its about a foot
long and pointy at one end with the handle at the other.  Just the right
thickness to not bend and yet still gets thru all of the gaps in the head
fins.  Cheapest one will do.  It wont hurt the "hard" parts of the head.
You will likely have sore hands when youre done.  You will also be amazed at
how "open" the heads look when you are done!!  My first set of 69 heads were
essentially no-airflow before I started. It was truly a night and day
difference when they were finished.

I tried drill bits.  Dont recommend that route.  They are $$ and they break
easily and dont do a good job.  Plus, theres that chance that you might
drill into something that you shouldnt.  (your mileage may vary)

Theres a few folks out there that have used a sawzall with a long blade.
Same idea as the keyhole saw, just MORE POWER!!  I dont have one of those,
so I cant say if it makes things any easier.

Patience and a light that you can place under or behind the head will both
be useful.

Glad to see you are making some progress.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX
(several deflashed heads on various vairs!!)