<VV> Re:Idler pulley install

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 17:14:47 EDT

It's tough to remove the idler bearing nondestructively from the pulley, but
it can be done with a press tool the correct diameter. You need something to
seat the hub of the pulley onto, with a slightly larger bore than the bearing,
and a press tool to push the old one out/new one in that's slightly smaller in
diameter than the bearing OD, but with a large enough bore to NOT press
against the shaft or seal.

John

In a message dated 5/19/2004 11:13:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,