<VV> 1961 Corvair

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 21 May 2004 08:47:49 -0400

There's no such thing as % restored. There's only better restored and worse
restored, not to mention original (underlying) condition (Need for
restoration in the first place). It would be a rare 1961 Corvair sedan that
could fetch $4,000 from a knowledgeable buyer, and that refers to a RUNNING
car. Does this car run? If not running, no excuse for paying over $1,500. If
running, I would doubt over $3,000 under any conditions. These are MAX
prices - the market price for your example WILL be lower. Sedans command
lower prices on the market than coupes/convertibles.
     Two carburetors is the STANDARD format for Corvair engines.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of thomas harley
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 1:54 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 1961 Corvair

Well I sure am glad I found this wesite and mailing list. There is a 1961
Corvair 4-Door, dual carb, pretty much the basic cut down version. The
car has been sitting for a year in the owners driveway and has not been
driven since. The owner has told me over the phone that the car is 98%
restored, though i find that hard to believe since it has been sitting
there for the whole year. There are no dents, the body looks great. He is
asking $4000 for it. How much should i ask for. What problems should i
address and what should i expect from the car sitting there for so long?

A probable future Corvair owner,

Thomas