<VV> VV Blown fuses

chuck chsadek@adelphia.net
Sat, 22 May 2004 18:48:10 -0400

Had an odd-ball problem where the dome light on an FC was shorted, which
shorted out the brake lights... I don't know if this circuit is on the
same fuse, but don't discount other circuits. Try disconnecting various
circuits-but an intermittent is the worst.

Good Luck

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of John Miller
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 11:38 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> VV Blown fuses

 On my late model AC car I  seem to keep blowing the stop and istrument
light
fuses....never just one or the other both at the same time. This seems
occur occasionally and once it does it I cannot make it happen again on
purpose with lights on, stepping on brakes, using turn signal.hitting
brights....? Whats odd is it usually blows the dash lights when they
arent
even on. But...it does seem to be related to the AC. Because it seems to
happen after I have run the AC for a time. Yet the AC is not affected.
  Sure I know I will get fifty replies saing I have a short....I know
that!...I was just hoping there might be a chance someone has experience
something similar and could maybe guide me to any specific item(s) that
might
be a cause. I have examined the wiring and havent found any hot spots or
bare
wires, it all looks good. Perhaps an AC relay?
 Any help would be appreciated as I have no wiring diagram.

                                                John Miller
                                                Iowa