<VV> Pilot Bushing

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 18:33:57 EDT

Also, make sure your pilot bushing
is non-magnetic by checking with a magnet.

    I will have to be the odd man out here and disagree with this statement.
I have been using the Doorman brand of pilot bushings for years. When this
thread of using nonmagnetic pilot bushings came about I had to go and check, sure
enough the Doorman brand is magnetic. BUT, I have had, not problem one, with
them! I do oil them using the finger pressure method with AMSOIL engine oil. I
even use them in my race car where I probably get as many shifts in one race
as most of you do in a year.
    I for one can't buy into this non-magnetic stuff.
    Ken (Odd Man Out) Hand