<VV> Drag vair spends day at the show

Seibenick, Brian BSeibenick@ssoe.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 21:09:27 -0400

No race report this weekend.  I spend today in Sandusky, OH at the May Meet put on by Vacationland Friends and North Coast Corvair Club at Great Lakes Tire.  I entered my 66 Monza drag car in the Special Interest category and was joined by a couple other very nice Corvair race cars.  Overall about 30-40 Corvairs showed up for the show today.  It was good to see some old faces (Mark Corbin, Mike Emanuele and Jack Frost amongst others) as well as meeting some new people.  During the awards ceremony I won 1st Place in the Specialty Interest class.  The meet ended with my Corvair being awarded Best of Show!!!  I am kind of still in shock as I have never won in any kind of car show.  All in all it was a very good weekend and a great turnout of some beautiful Corvairs.  Thanks again to Tony Vizyak for hosting the meet at his shop as well to all the people who put this meet together and ran it.  Another great day for Corvairs!

Brian Seibenick
66 Monza Coupe 140/4sp drag car