<VV> Race report

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 21:39:25 EDT

All,
We just had an autocross in Anderson IN.at the old Delco Remy lot.
My son Scott took the Stinger out for practice. He and Paul fox had a good
battle back an forth in CP with Paul edging out Scott by .1 sec. Scott and Paul
are practicing for the Convention. It was good to watch and hear the Stinger
run again. I was the event master, so drove my Fiero so as not to be distracted
too much.
   Jeff Rapp and Michael LeVeque had a close battle in STS with Michael
taking the win by .1. They sure surpized a bunch of rice rockets. The down side is
that they are being scrutinized more closely now. The class constructors
certainly did not have Corvairs in mind.
    Michael debuted his newly rescued , prepped, and painted YS045. They can
run as full streetable Stage III Stingers in STS.(Street Touring, Street Tires)
   I'll run the E/Mod roadster at Grissom AFB this weekend where I'll only be
an entrant . I won't win though, I'm only 200 HP short of competitiveness.
Warren