<VV> Re: Engine Paint

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 23:34:15 -0400

Smitty said:     Unless you are going to put it in concours where you
will
> have to meet the standard of the "experts" with the spectromatic
> eyeballs for what is absolutely stock, just paint it with something
that
> looks right to you.

Bruce writes: This I consider a rather lack lustre ( pun intended) answer
> > >someone
Smitty says:  I see you agree with me Bruce.  You make suggestions
telling the gent what he can use including powder coat to aquire the
"correct sheen" but in effect you left it up to him to decide what is
"right".  Unless (unlike the experts) you are going to provide absolute
specifications in % of flatness and grade of black then you are just
telling him that same thing I did.  If you are going to chalange what I
said I think you should at least provide a Plasticote # xxx-xx or
Rustolium # xxx-xx that you know is absolutely right so he won't have to
guess any more.