<VV> Re: [fastvair] Re:Silver Fox ??

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 14:54:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/04 1:15:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
patiomatt@aol.com writes:

<< So..tell us about this car /driver....I've forgotton or missed it... >>
You already know about the driver--Seth Emerson. He was hired because he was
much faster in the car then the current owner. and had previous experience in
it.
   The Silver Fox was a multiple national champion in B Mod running against
formula atlantics. It can be seen in Richard Finch's book ---how to keep you
corvair alive.

  The car was an all aluminum monocoque sports racer with a mid Corvair
engine. the engine was roots supercharged. It had to weight 1105#. It had all
formula car type suspension and a Hewland transaxle. Seth could probably tell you
more.
  My car at the time was built to the same rules except open wheeled. Same
weight, Corvair transaxle,  and Paxton supercharged. Pretty straight up race.
Warren