<VV> Supply of 13" Tire Question

Paula Tilsley markt17@fuse.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 06:51:27 -0400

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:47:18 -0400
From: Douglas Musselman <fcvairs@charter.net>
To: VirtualVairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Supply of 13" Tire Question

At our last meeting a club member that is working at a tire shop asked
a question.  He says that the 13" tires are going to a thing of the
past.  That there is not much of a need for this size any more.  He
owns early models and says you can't go and buy a set of rims like you
can a late model to go to a 14".  What has been the experience of other
members.  Is this just his thoughts?

Doug Musselman
Keystone Corvair Club
___

Doug

Kelly Springfield still makes a 165/80R13 and it's a whitewall which
dress out the hub caps nicely.  I got mine at Tire Discounters but you
should be able to find them with anyone who carries KS.

Mark Tilsley
65 corsa turbo vert