<VV> Supply of 13" Tire Question

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 13:21:03 -0400

The 165/80-13 is about 23.4" diameter more than an inch smaller than a
6.50-13.

Please see my reply to Bill Hubble's post.

One of the great things about Corvairing is that you can modify your
Corvair to suit your preferences. However, the notion that these sizes
are replacement sizes for original tires is false.

Bruce

On May 26, 2004, at 10:12 AM, alan WESSON wrote:

>>> Kelly Springfield still makes a 165/80R13 and it's a whitewall...
>>
>> This is an awfully small tire to put on a Corvair, let alone a
>> late-model.
>
> Isn't it the modern equivalent of the standard size - or as close to
> it as
> you can get (only 20% lower profile than original)??
>
> Or were they wider originally? Lots of British and European cars have
> these
> as standard.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan