<VV> Re: Was "Correct Engine?" now turbo-less 180 ???'s

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 21:24:51 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/2004 2:37:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tonyu@roava.net writes:
In your instance, considering the $ and work requirements, maybe the best
path is to leave the 180 heads on the engine, swap a 95 or 110 distributor,
run a pair of good carbs and be done with it.   If they don't like the
lower power, tell them about the 95 heads, which *will* make a difference
when swapped out over the 180 heads.
That's what I did, just added carbs and Distributor and ran it for 4 years
that way. Never had a problem and got up to 28 MPG running over to Bend Or. from
Salem.  That's 150 miles ea. way and you climb over a 4000 ft pass on the
way, got 26 going over and 28 coming home and cruised at 60.
 Oh don't for get to add a cross over pipe or it will run like S...t. I used
a 3/8" gas line for mine.
Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com
68 Datsun roadster