<VV> Apparently Not

Robert Marlow nortechcorp@optonline.net
Thu, 27 May 2004 13:16:42 -0400

The subject line is the answer to the question I posed in a prior subject
line:  Tired of Tires?  Apparently not, to judge by the length of this thread.

It has morphed, as all threads do, from the original subject.   Originally
a question of what size 15-inch tire might best approximate the factory
stock rolling diameter, it has become a debate of the merits of 13-inch
wheels vs "dubs."

Amusing to me is, as the guy who posed the question about the 15-inch
tires, I generally prefer 13s.  But the particular car for which I was
inquiring is a low-mileage original '66 coupe -- fewer than 21,000 mile
from new -- and I can't stand the odometer now turning over too quickly
with today's smaller 13-inch tires.

Swapping wheels is quick and easy, and most importantly, a reversible
change.  Spiffy wheels are an easy way to "dress up" a 500, which this car is.

Mark Corbin, they're "only" 15s, so maybe you won't have to hold your nose
when you walk by my car at the convention.  ;-)  They're aluminum wheels,
so the combined weight of wheel and tire does not exceed that of the
stockers.  And I still have the stockers, with the factory wheel covers
(and the factory spare!), so that should I or a subequent owner choose to
return them to the car, it can be done.

Thanks for all the helpful information, though.  I have selected my tires.
See y'all at Lexington!

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net