<VV> LM Headliner Instructions

Frank F Parker fparker@umich.edu
Thu, 27 May 2004 21:57:56 -0400 (EDT)

> Although I didn't realize it was so troublesome, I will put my patience hat
> on before hand, and take my time, although I don't have much patience right
> now.
> Barry

I asked this group for the same advise about headliner install and got
alot of good replies. Some thought easy, some hard.
So I started out and started the install and used spring clips etc to hold
in place and after pulling and stretching , I could see that I was not
sure of a good install, so I call a professional and he are some tips
from watching him. We spent a couple of hours to do with a bunch of talk
that probably slowed us down.

	He started by carefully centering on rail with prongs
	Put in the rest of the rails
	Started cementing in rear 1st
	Pulled from front and cemented there.
	Did not cement sides till last and by then headliner was quite
	tight.
	Biggest suprise for me, was he would go back and forth pulling
	the headliner away from an area allready cemented to pull it
	tighter, then move to another area.
	Went back and forth till looked good, then finished sides and put
	on windlace.

He had contact cement in a coffee can so not sure if it was a special kind
that u can reposition. Looked like the normal yellow stuff. Try a test
with some other material or ols headliner.

Your results may vary.

Hope this helps.

regards,

frank