<VV> Hurst Linkage

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 27 May 2004 21:29:56 -0500

So, I'm driving the rampside and stop at White Hen for coffee.  A guy there
stops me and starts telling me about his '66 coupe that was one of 400 with
a Hurst linkage.  I smiled politely (thinking NFW).  Anyway, he persisted,
so I asked if it was a Corsa.  He says no, but does not volunteer just what
model it was.  Then ... he goes on that this "special" car got crushed while
he was in the service.  His "buddy" who he was storing it with let it go for
use in test crash service.  This makes even less sense to me because this
supposedly happened in '72.

Finally as we part he admonishes me to take care of the Rampside.  I'm
thinking - better than you did the coupe.  But, again I bit my tongue.

So, 400 '66s with Hurst Linkage?  What, urban legend - or some kind of basis
in fact?  Anyone know what he might have been talking about?

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR