<VV> Transmissions

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 23:16:29 EDT

The transmissions are interchangeable.  You will have to use the 12 spline
(smaller) input shaft and change the differential's input shaft seal to the
smaller type to match the smaller input shaft. First gear might be a little too
low if you are mating it to a 3.55 differential.  It should be fine with a 3.27.
 I have two against '65 diffs with 3.08 gears and love 'em. There's an
article about gearing with this transmission in the April '03 Communique.
Craig Nicol

<sip> What are the issues with using a '61 - '63 4spd with a '65 differential?
Seems like this has been discussed here before, but I wasn't paying
attention. Thanks, Roger <unsnip>