<VV> Supply of 13" Tire Question

Paula Tilsley markt17@fuse.net
Fri, 28 May 2004 06:53:25 -0400

> Doug
>
> Kelly Springfield still makes a 165/80R13 and it's a whitewall which
> dress out the hub caps nicely.  I got mine at Tire Discounters but you
> should be able to find them with anyone who carries KS.
>
> Mark Tilsley
> 65 corsa turbo vert
>

>>>This is an awfully small tire to put on a Corvair, let alone a
late-model.

Bruce

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC
bwschug@charter.net

CORSA member since 1981

'67 Monza. "67AC140"<<<
___
Bruce

Thanks for the input.  Actually, I was replacing what came on the car
when I purchased it (and before I got my copy of Corvair Basics).  The
23.4" dia. may be a bit small but they still look good for that stock
"under-tired" look.  On the other hand, I purchased a set of Chevy 15 x
6 rally wheels and currently looking for tires.  What size do you think
is appropriate?  The backset is 3.5", so I'll be adding a couple of
inches to the stance of the car.  I was considering a set of Falken ZE
512 s, 205/60R15 s which should give me a dia. of 23.69".  Do you think
this is too small?  My primary concerns are trying to compensate for the
added unsprung weight of the larger steel wheels as well as any
potential "bump-steer" from the wider stance.  I'm less concerned about
correct speedo readings than the handling of the car.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark Tilsley
65 corsa turbo vert