<VV> Transmissions

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Fri, 28 May 2004 06:33:24 -0700

At 09:16 PM 5/27/2004 -0500, Roger Gault wrote:
>What are the issues with using a '61 - '63 4spd with a '65 differential?
>Seems like this has been discussed here before, but I wasn't paying
>attention.
>
>Thanks,
>   Roger

Hi Roger,
While Craig is quite right that it can be done relatively easily, the
downside is that the earlier transmissions are an earlier and more
primitive design and may not be as reliable.  They appear to need
rebuilding more frequently for things like shifting issues, whereas the 65
shifts much nicer and should last longer in service.  My advice would be to
stick with 64 or 65 transmissions and you should be happier with the
reliability and longevity.
-- Larry