FW: <VV> RE: matching engine number

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 16:01:34 -0500

Bill,

I was hoping you would pipe in.  Do you have an updated list of codes for
the 1965 model year?  Were you able to determine the 4U?

Keith Hammett

still would like to know what 12LS3C4PU5W is...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hubbell [mailto:whubbell@cox.net]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 3:20 PM
To: khammett@stainlessfab.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: matching engine number

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Hammett" <khammett@stainlessfab.com>
<Smit>

> W2LC4P --
>
> W = RPO A02 Tinted Windshield only
> 2 = Second Group
> L = RPO M20 4 Speed
> C = ?  If a 3 were before it then it might be RPO Z01 convenience group (2
> sp wipers, washers, day/night inside mirror, glove box lamp)
> 4 = Forth Group
> P = padded dash
>
> Keith Hammett

Keith and others -- you were close, but slightly incorrect.  From extensive
research of many 1964-66 cars, myself and others have concluded that:

3C = Padded dash for 1964-64 cars.  It does Not =  RPO Z01 convenience group
(2
> sp wipers, washers, day/night inside mirror, glove box lamp)

In fact, for 1964 cars, 2P = RPO Z01 and for 1965 cars 4P = RPO Z01

1966 cars, of course, have no code for padded dash, as it was standard on
those and later years.

Bill Hubbell