<VV> New! Improved! Tire Question

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@charter.net
Sat, 29 May 2004 07:42:02 -0400

Marc,

On my 69 vert, I have a set of HD springs all around uncut. It lowered the
car some but not a lot. Ride was tight where I like it but not a road wagon.
Added a set of KYB gas adjust shocks from CorvairMotorsports and it rides
and handles very well for a stock street driven Corvair. The gas pressure
shocks will raise the ride height some. I found this to be a very good
combination. I suggest you try the springs first for awhile and see how you
like them, then try the shocks.
I have cut a lot of coils over the years. I use a cut off wheel in my die
grinder. I have , back in the day used a hack saw with a grit blade but I
had a lot more energy and few tools then! I never have reflattened the pig
tail. I have learned to mount a cut spring with the cut end down on the
front. Otherwise it will sit cockeyed in the cup and tend to rub and squeak.
The front springs on my V8 Vair are custom coils from Bob Coffin which I cut
one and a half coils to get the ride height I wanted.

Rick Norris