<VV> Re: speaking of brakes (MarPack57@aol.com)

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Sun, 30 May 2004 07:38:45 -0400

I would guess the right front  wheel cylinder is hanging up and likely needs
a rebuild, or possibly an internal failure of the brake hose causing the
fluid to not return. Brake springs are a possibility but in my thinking
unlikely unless they are really old and rusty.

Gary Swiatowy

Message: 9
From: MarPack57@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 17:56:00 EDT
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> speaking of brakes

While running errands today in my 62 wagon I started to notice the car not
rolling very well. Engine seemed to be running fine but no speed. Stopped at
store, came out and the car would not back up without a lot of effort. By
the
time I pulled in the driveway the right front wheel was smoking. Obviously
brakes hanging up. Just last week new master cylinder, checked for fluid to
the
wheel cylinders (plenty),cylinders looked fine, so what gives? My guess
brake
springs or ??? Have not pulled the wheel yet. Ed in Fla