<VV> engine lid support

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:10:30 -0500

This piece is terne or zinc-plated steel, and CAN rust or otherwise tarnish.
I think it would benefit from polishing, if only functionally.
     When polished, it WON'T be especially shiny, and it won't look exactly
new/stock, either, but it'll be clean, and it may function a little better,
too.
     I'd clean it up, polish it, then lubricate it and put it back in. Best
way to preserve it and its function, in my opinion.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Marc Sheridan
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 7:34 PM
To: virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> engine lid support

I hope the "engine lid" is what you call the "hood" over the engine. My
question is about the support that holds it in the open position on a
'66. Is that thing made out of stainless? It seems to me that it might
be stainless. Does that mean that I can polish it :o) ?

Now that my car is in the body shop, I've got lots of cleaning and
polishing to do with the parts I took off of the car.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert