<VV> encroaching zoning

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:38:34 +0000

All
Tonight I am speaking, along with other hobbyists, at a joint meeting of the Lincoln county planning board and county commission, regarding the (inevitable) changes to the zoning ordinances as they relate to unlicensed cars on private property.

The current law allows 4 unlicensed vehicles on private property. they do not have to be in a covered building, or covered.

The move is to change the number of cars from 4 to one.

Anyone who has been to Bruce Hewitts place (about 4 miles from me knows he has more than 50 Corvair parts cars uncovered on his property. He bought a 36 acre parcel, put his house, garage and pole building and cars smack in the middle of it, and leases the land around it to farmers. his cars are not able to be seen from any vantage point except if you fly over them, yet they will still be subject to the ordinance.

We are trying to get an exemption for auto restorers and hobbyists.

Will let you all know how this comes out

HANK