<VV> ignition problem

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm@greatnortherncorp.com
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:35:41 -0600

		Joe, & all,
		Points at .016, plugs at .035, static timed at 12 BTDC.  I believe we checked that the HB hadn't slipped.
		12V switched - we have a wire running from the battery to a switch inside, then back out to the coil.
		The resister wire is gone, we replaced it with a ballast resister.  The car runs poorly without the 12V direct.
		Andy

		Confirm that outer ring of the harmonic balancer hasn't slipped versus the
		hub. If you report the specs to which you gapped points and plugs, and timed
		spark, that's a cheap, free, easy way to get a dozen or so (?) VVers to
		confirm that you're using the right ones.
		     What's a "switched 12V direct from the battery"? Did you just run a
		jumper wire over? If it's direct from the battery, it sure isn't switched.
		     What happens if you start it with the full 12V, and then take the
		jumper wire away, leaving it to run on its own internal resistor (no
		external ballast)?

Joe Potts