<VV> Re: Ignition problems

Frog Princezz media_diva@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:26:10 -0800 (PST)

Ok Ok fellas I think I might have this one.  Check to see if you are getting the proper voltage on both the in and out of your ignition switch.  If not there's your problem.  Well at least that was was my starting problem.  Changed the switch and like magic she started.
Alesia

Guys,
We've been working on a 63 Monza 102/PG.  It has new points, plugs,
coil,
dist cap, wires, & condenser.  The plugs & points are gapped to spec;
the
car is static timed.
The car didn't want to start, so we replaced the resistor wire with a
ballast resistor.  It still didn't want to start very easily, so we ran
switched 12V direct from the battery to the coil.
The car runs like a turd through the resistor, but runs OK with the
full
12V.  We haven't checked the voltage through the resistor, but I'm
guessing
there is a problem in the switch, or wiring.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy K.