<VV> Spare fan belt for an A/C car

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:48:15 -0500

Where the fan belt goes around a (crank) pulley that is BETWEEN the A/C
pulley and the engine, for the life of me I just don't see any way to "work"
the fan belt off that pulley while the A/C belt is in place.
     I think a photo of your crank pulleys (with belts installed AND
identified) might disclose some detail that would explain to me what you do,
and why I can't do it on mine.
     By the way, I once tried to address this problem with one of those
cut-and-clip emergency-fan-belt kits you can buy at the auto supply. You
will NOT be surprised to learn that the rig didn't manage even two
revolutions through the famous Corvair Five-Forty (degrees of turn).

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of David V. Clamp
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:30 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> Spare fan belt for an A/C car

When looking at just the pics, it doesn't quite make sense, but with Bill's
instructions, I can see how it would work...even with a stock setup. I hope
to give it a try the next time I have to tinker under the hood.

David V Clamp
Member: Corsa
        Heart of Georgia Corvairs - Newsletter Editor, VP
        Nader's Raiders
	  1966 Corsa convertible 140 +0.030/4spd 3.55 posi w/ AC
	  mailto:66corsa@cox.net