<VV> Fluorescent bulb type?

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:22:27 EST

In a message dated 11/2/04 6:58:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL writes:
Can someone recite the proper bulbs/tubes for the 48" fixtures?  I bought
the electronic ballast fixtures on sale at Home Depot and am not sure what
the list decided were the proper long lasting, best light bulbs/tubes.

Thanks,

Chuck S
BBRT
Chuck,

These are fixtures for a garage where Corvairs are serviced, repaired or
restored aren't they.

We want to make certain that this post belongs on VV.

F8T12/CW would probably be the best for you...

They are the proper lamp for the new electronic type ballasts in use today
anc the /CW is
the indicator for "Cool White."

I've found these work the best for me in my garage where my Corvairs reside.
there are many
others available. One suggestion. Never short cycle your flourescents. Never
leave them one
for only a minute or two. run them for at least 5 mintues per start and they
will last much
longer.

Just so there is no question as to how I know this:

I have been Licensed Building Engineer for over 30 years and building
lighting is one of the
things we must deal with on a daily basis. I wouldn't want anyone to think I
was overstep-
ping my knowledge or being pretentious here.

Good luck with the new lights.

Tim Abney
CORSA and I.E.C.C. Member
'65 Monza Coupe