<VV> questions on my new '60

Ryan Bollig nx13688@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:23:35 -0800 (PST)

After having a few days to get acquainted with my new
Caveman, I'd like to solicit some advice from the
group.
1.  As you can see from my pictures, there is a rag
over top of the battery to keep the terminals from
shorting to the engine lid, which is obviously not
right (battery is too tall).  What battery SHOULD it
have?
2. I can't get the glovebox open.  I can lock/unlock
it with the key.  One position, button can't be
pressed, the other, it can be pressed in flush with
the door, but nothing happens (there is light spring
resistance).
3.  About how much would it be worth, for insurance
purposes?  I know it's priceless to my wife's family,
but insurance won't cover that.
http://www.daisey-designs.com/corvair/1960/

=====
Ryan Bollig