<VV> Quick steering?

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:21:04 EST

In a message dated 11/2/2004 6:58:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BEllison@bbafiberweb.com writes:
I've got a LM, but here's my opinion on QS arms...

Great for autocrossing, road racing/timetrials probably, too.

For the street, they're weird.  First, very hard to turn is going real slow,
so if your wife drives your car, she'd probably complain about some parking
spots.  I had a smaller wooden steering wheel on my car, and although it
felt better in my hands, I feel much safer back with the stock wheel.  Makes
it MUCH easier to drive.
 I have all 3 , Stock, quick arms and factory fast box and arms. Yes the
stock box is easy to steer,but I don't think the fast box or arms are that much
harder to turn at all. I'm running 205-50 x15's on Camaro wheels, street tires
have a wear rating of 200 and the Toyo race tires are at 60. In fact I'm
thinking of going with the new fast box and the Quick arms on the autocross car.

2nd, when backing up, my tires make scraping sounds on the pavement, due to
"bad ackerman", and I don't like it.  I'll let someone else give you a more
technical explanation, but when you turn, the stock setup let's the wheel
move in concentric circles.  The QS arms, change this ratio, so the circles
change to overlapping.
Have not heard the scraping sounds but then don't back up that much (going
forward is much more fun)ggg
Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com
68 Datsun roadster