<VV> RE: Quick steering?

corvair@corvairmotorsports.com corvair@corvairmotorsports.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:59:31 -0700

Steve,

You would be better off purchasing a new Fast Ratio Steering Box which
will reduce the turns to 4 lock to lock. Then if you add the quick arms
the lock to lock is approx. 2.5 turns. Corvair Motorsports has a box on
Ebay for $320. It will bolt in to 1960-63 Corvairs. The new box will
take a lot of the slop out of your steering.

Rick Stansbury
http://www.corvairmotorsports.com/
Corvair Motorsports

Can someone please tell me if the quick steering arms are worth having?
have a '62, and I'm thinking about putting some in.  I think I would
have to
do some front end adjustments if I use them, but any opinions on their
worth
are welcome!  Also, does anyone know of a decent pair for sale for an
EM?

Thanks, all.