<VV> Quick steering arms

Dan Roraff Dan Roraff" <corvair@bevcomm.net
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:50:57 -0600

I think quick steering arms are great. Have them on my 65
convertible. It's takes more effort at a stop or slow, but not that bad. My 82
year old mom wouldn't like them but my dad would be OK with them.  Much nicer
when driving around, even in slow parking lots. If only it had a tight rack
and pinion box from a modern car it would be the envy of every BMW for
steering feel.  I think they rank up there with
radial tires for improvements for you Corvair.  You need to make sure you get
your toe in reset after installation.
I don't notice any thing weird going on in my steering.  No
tire wear problems in 10,0000 miles.  Tires squeal once in a while but that's
because the Corvair likes to takes corners
a little too fast!  (OK a lot too fast).  Make sure all your bushings front
and rear are good or you may have wear problems and steering issues.  Good
shocks and springs also help.

Dan
65 Monza Convertible
Minnesota