<VV> Re: Political Discussion

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:26:05 -0500

--------------smit-----------
> political discussions (as well as religion) tend to degenerate into
shouting
> matches and normally have very little direct relationship to Corvairs.
> This particular recent thread on politics would have died quickly if
> it weren't for all of the people complaining about it and the "Me Too"
 replies about the complaint.
> Mike Kost       Show-Me Corvair Club
 --------------------------------
Smitty says:  I know it will come as a complete surprise to most on the
list but I have always been an advocate of snipping superfluous verbiage
from "reply" posts.  One reason is IT IS IN THE RULES for the list.  In
addition it blows what would have been a simple comment out of all
proportion.  Ron made a political BooBoo on the list which wasn't too big
a deal.  Then 10 people objecting to his words, repeated them and by the
time you see them 10 times it looks like an all out war.  His post could
have been answered by snipping the whole thing and just changing the
subject line as I did.  Anyone who didn't read the original post or
forgot what it said can go suck a pickle as far as I am concerned.  I
have been extremely controlled and kind here so don't mess with me.  I
don't have to stay that way.  Chief Curmudgeon