<VV> Original Miles

Kathryn Billington kathrynbillington@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:04:20 -0800 (PST)

You guys are really having a good time with these original miles, aren't you?? Apparently I've made a faux pau??????

J R Read_HML <hmlinc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: Hmmm,

OEM (the EARLYest) miles would be those put on at the Corvair (or any other
make) factory. This is probably (normally) less than 2.

LATEr miles might be those put on during delivery and/or before the ORIGINAL
owner bought the car. These would also include "test drive" miles before
the purchase.

Original miles are probably those put on by the usage of the ORIGINAL owner,
family, friends, etc. and would also include the OEM miles when discussing
the total miles on the vehicle. Well, if a warranty issue should come up,
the OEM and LATEr miles should be subtracted for that purpose.

OR... Original miles could be those up to the first time the odometer rolls
past 100,000 (1,000,000 on newer cars). Technically, past 99,999.9 OR
999,999.9

Really LATE Miles would then be those put on after one of the two points
mentioned above (pick your own definition) and are no longer "original"
since they are neither put on by the ORIGINAL owner, nor is it the first
time all the numbers have shown through the window.

Miles showing on a trip odometer would only be ORIGINAL until the first time
it is re-set. If it is never re-set, they are no longer original ones it
rolls back to the factory setting.

NOS miles would be those on an NOS odometer (either before or after
installation). But if after installation, would be subject to one of the
two rules above and at that point could no longer be referred to as NOS.

If you have read all this, you have to know that I have a big GRIN on my
face just now.

Oh, and what grows less tired the more it works? That new set of tires
mention by Bill H.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140