<VV> steering stabilizer

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair@insightbb.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:27:51 -0600

Fitch had a steering damper option  to reduce/stop  road wheel reaction
(shimmy, kick back) through the steering gear <reading from the brochure>

My 68 Sprint has one installed -- most of the time < i remove it for auto-x>
I can not tell a significant difference with it installed or un-installed
at least not on this car.  The 68 has a quick steering box and after market
arms for less than 2 1/2 turns lock to lock.  Steering can be an arm
westling match doing tight auto-x -- need to eat more wheaties.

hmmm.  just noticed that picture of the Spring in the brochure has the dual
trombone exhaust and a spyder dash......hmmm.