<VV> U can lead a vair to gas but Can't make it drink

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:24:13 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2004 7:25:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
media_diva@sbcglobal.net writes:

>  Hey All,
> After tightening the cap of the fuel pump and pour gas through a funnel into
> the inlet it didn't leak. But I'm still not getting gas to the carbs.  I am
> beginning to think it's an under the pump thingy.  I may be using the wrong
> wordage so bare with me.  The thing I'm gonna call a push rod (yeah that
> sounds right to me) went up one time and stayed there when the engine is cranked.
> Is that the way this thingy is suppose to work or would it be moving up &
> down continuously?  I seem to be yet again at a road block.  My fuel lines from
> the pump to the carbs are clear (remember I broke the old set) and I ran a
> hose from the inlet to a gas can (8" line with hose attached...clear) and still
> nothing. Suggestion, comments &mechanics that work for food welcome.
>
> Alesia

YES it does..with your finger pushing down....or with all the sludge cleaned
off...

Will the engine start if a little gas is poured down the carbs?

Matt