<VV> Carb and Trim Questions

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:52:19 EST

Contrary to some folks opinion I do, on occasion, post a Corvair related post
and do ask
questions because I DON"T have all the answers.

So here goes:

I am trying to complete the rebuilding of the carbs for the 2005 GWFBT&SM
Raffle car.

It's a '63 Monza Coupe 102/4Sp.

Here's my problem. I have one of the carbs that I can't get the main jet out
of.

I've tried several things and so far have only succeded in messing it up to
the point of it
being nearly un-recognizable.

Any help from this group, on this problem, would be greatly appreciated.

2nd question:

The rocker moldings for this car are a bit rough.

Polishing the other trim items has gone well so far but these look a bit
daunting. I plan to
use the method I have used for trim in this condition in the past. But,
perhaps, someone on
the list may have done this and has a better idea.

Please, y'all, let me know how you would attack these nasty looking rocker
moldings.

Tim Abney
CORSA and I.E.C.C. Member
'65 Monza Coupe