<VV> Re: Quick Steering Arms

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:11:27 -0500

If one looks in the bibles of Corvairdom, "How to Keep your Corvair Alive"
and "How to Hot Rod Corvairs", there is information to allow you to modify
arms.  Dimensions have been posted on fv or vv in past; however I don't have
them.  The mounting bolt hole center-to-center is the issue-some larger
Chevs fit but arms are WAY too long.
Good Luck

Chuck S
YS73

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Dewald [mailto:dkdewald@pasty.net]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 9:56 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: Quick Steering Arms

Hello,

It would be interesting to know the dimensions of the stock quick steering
arms so that:

1) Originals could be properly identified (if the GM part #'s could not be
found),

2) Stock standard arms could possibly be modified to match,

3) A very close match could be made from another vehicle.

I am planning to put a Flaming River box on my wife's '65 Monza.  It would
be nice to have the correct ratio arms as well.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI