<VV> lower choke rod

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:03:21 -0500

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:53:39 +0000, ronchoy@comcast.net wrote:

>It's been too long and i don't remember: is the lower choke rod removable from the choke coil without dismounting the coil? I think the threaded collar was
dented or bent by my mechanic whom I don't want to upset, so i'll fix it myself.  On my 65 sedan, portside, to put it nautically.   -ron 65,66

After I could not readily get the twist rivet holding the coil out, I was able to remove the lower choke rod (which had broken at the threaded collar) from the coil
by some careful bending of the coil mount... and then bending it back after the new rod was inserted. It did not look pretty, but it did work.

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD