<VV> 66 AM Radio knob question

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:36:48 -0500

Are you talking about the decorative "flatwashers" under the tuner and
volume knobs? If so, then here's what they should be like. Both left and
right "flatwashers" are visually identical when installed. The left one,
however, is keyed and lightly pressed onto an outer shaft that controls
the "tone" of the radio sound. The right one is either a "dummy knob"
and does nothing but take up space and balance the looks left to right
OR is a fader switch for the rear seat speaker. Visually, they have
three equally spaced blades on them.

I think that at one time I came across an aftermarket radio that had a
single "bump" on it similar to what you describe. So that may be what
you have, an aftermarket setup. An experienced Corvair person would have
to physically see it to verify this for you. Or you could find some
pictures of stock setups on the internet.

-Mark C