<VV> Unsafe At Any Speed

OPENHABIT@aol.com OPENHABIT@aol.com
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:16:24 EST

  Ralph spoke to the conventioneers at DC. He pointed out that his was not
trying to indicate that the Corvair was worse than any other car produced at
that time. In his book, he only talks about cars in one chapter, and it was not
about just one car, it was about three. The Valiant, the Falcon, and the
Corvair. His main point was that there were three new models from the big three, and
the designers put very little effort into safety improvements. If you read
the book, or at least the chapter on cars, you will find that he even praised
the Corvair for the placement of the gas tank.
   Don't get the wrong impression, I am no fan of Ralphie. His snow ball has
gotten way out of hand. As for his candidacy, he really ruined it for the
Democrats. He stole votes from Kerry. Or did he just make it less of a win for
Bush? I get so confused.?. And I am so glad that he was proved wrong by the NHTSA
in 1972. After watching the Dorkmobile race at the Atlanta Convention I would
have thought that the rears were going to tuck under, but the 1960 sedan hung
right in there. His times were quite impressive as well. Made me glad I was
not running in the stock class, he was quicker than Leslie and I, and we were
running in Improved stock, with the lowest tires I could get away with!
Gary Bull