<VV> lower choke rod

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:51:38 -0500

I never tried to do that, but having just replaced both chokes on one
car, it may be possible. HOWEVER, you might have to drop the exhaust
manifold to get your fingers and needle nose pliers up there.

Now I vaguely remember tying to replace a broken choke rod a few
decades ago and it was a struggle. The springy choke coil wasn't in the
mood to cooperate and stay in position to put the bottom of the rod in.
Did I jamb the spring with something to hold it in position to put the
rod in?? I think so.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

Just use a big paperclip bent on the end to pull on one side of the little loop while inserting tie rod...

Matt