<VV> polishing your tires (humor?)

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:54:54 -0500

What kind of shoe polish do you use??? The BBRT bunch
uses black !!! <GGG>
       WTBRT will be in St. Augustine for the Corvair Affair autocross.
WTBRT # 112 will be racing against The Flying Pig Team and others.
We will begin with run 166 and continue the tradition of  excellence in
autocrossing the ULTRA way.

FrontMan
WTBRT
PR Division

At 08:32 AM 11/5/04 -0500, you wrote:
>big snip
>
>To test your tires, once installed, fill them to around 18-22 front and
>28-32 rear, take some shoe polish and smear it in right at the edge of
>the sidewall and tread at 4 spots around the tire on all 4 tires.
>
>Find a big (empty) parking lot and start driving around.  Act like you
>are doing a driving test and make a series of 90 deg turns and "U" turns
>continue to increase the speed and tightness of the turns until you feel
>the handling characteristics of the car change (under-steer or
>over-steer)
>
>Check the polish on your tires and see if the sidewalls rolled enough to
>be in the polish, too much roll means you need more air, no roll means
>you need less air.
>
>You will also have to decide on ride comfort level as the higher
>pressure makes the car handle better but ride a little rougher.
>
>Rick Loving
>63 Vert
>63 Coupe
>64 Coupe