<VV> Whats the fastest you've gone in your Vair?

Rick Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:31:29 -0500

My 63 (base 140 motor, 60 over/slightly bumped compression/Bob Coffin's
Pro-flo carb's, dual extractors, etc... with a 3:27 and 195/70R14 tires
has seen speeds between 100-110mph a few times.  I never measured it
with a GPS device so my speedo may be off + or - 10mph at those speeds.

I don't know how much more I could go as I always ran out of road or
guts worrying about a ticket and backed off.  I know the tach wasn't
wound out but not sure how much more pull the engine would give.

Based on mathematical calculations if I was running 25" tall tires
(stock is around 24.75) my top speeds would be based on my final RPM or

5000 RPM=114mph
5500 RPM=125mph
6000 RPM=137mph
6500 RPM=148mph

I'll probably keep it below 125mph just to play it safe <GGG>

Rick Loving

<SNIP>

First of all, I do not, in any way, encourage driving over the speed
limit.

And knowing that speedometers can be off.. What is the fastest speed you
have done in your Corvair?