<VV> aluminum drums

Brad Alley bka@winterparklaw.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:13:25 -0500

Hi all: shortly i will fininish the carb rebuild on my 64. once running i' m
sure i'll need to rebuild the brakes. I read somewhere a running dialouge
about using aluminum drums from early buicks etc. i don't remember the
projected benifits. can anyone advise? Assum better heat disapation and
lighter weight seem logical. If so has anyone explored or installed tr-6
aluminum drums/brakes? Seems worth exploring as they are 9" with 4x4.5 bolt
pattern. Any experience suggestions? Also re: trim whats the best methods to
polish and was the finish more satin or crome? thanks from a newbe Brad