<VV> engine lid support

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:17:24 -0500

A while back I asked the list if the engine lid support is made out of
stainless steel. Some said no, some said maybe. Whatever it is, it
polished up pretty good. The inner sliding part has a better finish
after the polishing. The outer part had some undercoating over spray on
it that seems to have pitted the metal and it didn't polish out. The
button for the release looks like it is chrome plated.

Thanks to all that replied.

Marc Sheridan

My original post:
I hope the "engine lid" is what you call the "hood" over the engine. My