<VV> Corvairs in Salmon

Charles B. Peck cpeck@salmoninternet.com
Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:25:49 -0700

Yesterday the Body Shop said "Come Pick it up!" Man, is my '65 CORSA
Coupe BLUE! The last paint job was in the early 70's and I sure don't
remember it being so VIVID! Of course it wasn't nearly as oxidized that
time. Looks great at 5 feet but up close the Orange Peel is pretty bad.
I hope polishing out in two weeks will help that.

It is now running and painted, but the interior is AWFUL; cracked padded
dash, ripped upholstery, holes in the carpets, and little plastic chips
from the molding around the windows. Any thought about things to do
besides further enrich our vendors - which is probably the route I will
take. It won't ever make it back to be an "Original" car, but I will
drive it around town on occasion, and probably show it in the  annual
Father's Day Car show, with my Black CORSA Convertible.

Is the fold down back seat a stock item in this vehicle? Ken Maxwell
decoded the body tag I posted last week and the fold down back seat
didn't appear to show up.

On yesterdays discussion of quality of different year Corvairs, not only
was '66 not a major model change year as '65 was, they didn't make
nearly as many cars in '66 as they did in '65 (less than one half as
many) so they should have had a big quality improvement. However, I am
sure they still made Corvairs on Monday and Friday, so there must have
been a few NOT so good Corvairs!

Chuck Peck
cpeck@salmoninternet.com

'65 Corsa Convertible 180/4
'65 Corsa Coupe 140/4
'88 Acura Legend Coupe
'88 BMW 750iL (12 cylinder)
'90 Ford F-150 with 16' open trailer to get any of above back home