<VV> Re:blower bearing lube

ronchoy@comcast.net ronchoy@comcast.net
Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:14:09 +0000

I have Lon's luber. I've done about 6-7 or the years. Most succeeded. However, twice, the pressure of the grease lifted the bearing on its shaft, the first time enough that the blower fins contacted the upper shroud (bad news). The other time, I was sensitive enough to feel when the bearing began to move and stopped in time.
 I thnk maybe once or twice the lubing didn't work. In one case, I coujldn't get grease forced past the seal.
  Which reminds me: our (bought new, so bearing was original) '65 500's original bearing got noisy and I oiled it; this was the one and only time oil ever cured blower bearing noise.  -ron 65,66