<VV> Re: Fuel Pump

Hubert A Smith vairologist@juno.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 00:01:54 -0500

> From: corvairs <lonwall@corvairunderground.com>
Lon Writes : There's nothing a Corvair Vendor (Who has to pay for
warrantees out of  pocket on "defective" fuel pumps) loves to hear more
than the
> suggestion that you manually run a pump up and down (with no limitation
on
> pushrod travel).  Lon
Smitty Says;  Last time I mentioned that subject I got an indignant "I do
that all the time" from one of our members.  That still doesn't make it
right.  The normal stroke of a fuel pump is .037 inches.  Any stroking
beyond that is very apt to damage the diaphragm.  I am sure there will be
those who doubt my words.  I say to you, get out your dial mike and
measure the stroke before you reply.