<VV> Re: Jogging Fuel Pump

Hubert A Smith vairologist@juno.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:07:50 -0500

Smitty says:  OK once again I have put my foot in my mouth.  I should
double check everything I say on here but I am lazy I guess.  Relying on
a brittle old crusty memory.
        I gave the stroke number for the fuel pump at .037 and it should
have been .137  A little over a tenth of an inch.  That number was
arrived at by placing three different cranks in a block and measuring the
pushrod movement.  That is not to say that there was no wear on their
cams or that they were representative of all other cams. That doesn't
change a thing in my belief that the potential for damage is there, when
stroking a pump by hand.