<VV> Re:Fastest you ever went in your Vair

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:30:32 EST

In a message dated 11/8/04 4:55:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Sethracer@aol.com writes:

<< The fastest I ever went in a Vair wasn't my Vair. It was either Warren
 LeVeque's Turbo Stinger at Homestead down the front straight - Flat on full
boost
 in Fourth. - Till the waste gate opened. - Or in the James Reeve/Bill
Sanders
 Yenko on the old, fast, Laguna Seca straight - before the 2-3-4-5 turns
were
 added. On the throttle from the tight turn before Start Finish, till the
 left turn under the bridge - gut-check time! but fun! -  Seth  >>

   According to the tachometer and calculations, I did 137 mph approaching
the first turn at Indianapolis Raceway Park in a National race in 1978-D/P
Stinger YS160.
   My YS 015 Stinger in turbo trim was much faster than YS 160  in the
straights at 15 psi--no official results- about the same as YS 160 at 8
psi--practice boost. I ran 8 psi 99% of the time.
   The Bill Thomas/ Doug Roe car has the  Stinger turbo engine in it now.
   Warren